The Richmond Downtown District holds it’s monthly organizational meeting on the 4th Wednesday of each month at noon at Hometown Pizza.
Anyone with interest in the downtown area is invited to attend and participate.
The Richmond Downtown District has a vision to beautify the historic Richmond square and surrounding area by creating an atmosphere which would establish a destination for experiences of a small town for local and urban consumers.
- DOWNTOWN CHRISTMAS LIGHTS~ The Richmond Downtown District is responsible for the placement, expansion and maintenance of the Christmas lights in downtown Richmond. An effort started years ago by then Chamber director, Jerry McCarter, to light the historic Richmond Square. Through continuous donations, the RDD has been able to expand them considerably. If you are interested in making a donation to support this effort, please send correspondence to RDD c/o Bev Holloway PO Box 158 Richmond, MO 64085
- OUTLAW DAYS ~ Outlaw Days is a Wild West themed fall festival held in downtown Richmond. The festival features a robbery reenactment of an actual bank robbery that took place in 1867, attributed to the James-Younger Gang, on the square in Richmond, as well as a NEW reenactment each year. The festival also includes kid and adult old fashioned games, Ag Power Tractor Show, Hard Time Rodder’s Car Show, Missouri Army National Guard Military Display, food and craft vendors, Kiddie Parade, Kid Outlaw Round-Up and a Grandstand Stage featuring entertainment all day! Back this year is Professional Bull Riding starting at 7 pm at the Ray County Fair Grounds! We have demonstrators, square dancers, plus much, much more! Make sure to bring the whole family to downtown Richmond, MO on the Saturday after labor day each year from 8 am-5 pm, with the Rodeo starting at 7pm!
- FARMER’S MARKET ~ Starting the second Saturday of May and running through the end of October, is the Richmond Farmer’s Market, 7am-noon. By ordinance of the City of Richmond, The RDD hosts and governs the farmer’s market in downtown Richmond. Here you will find everything from locally harvested honey, to Ray County grown tomatoes and herbs. 80% of all products at the sale must be made or grown at someones home. Check out the West side of the Ray County Courthouse each Saturday to find the fresh produce you are looking for!
- RICHMOND’S FIRST THURSDAYS ~ The First Thursday of each month, from June to November is Richmond’s First Thursdays. Held in downtown Richmond, you will find retail stores and other businesses alike staying open to accommodate the shopping needs of a bedroom community. Some businesses host direct sales representatives from your favorite “party” companies such as LuLaRoe and Mary Kay. Hours are from 6pm-8pm the first Thursday of each month during the summer and fall, June through November.
- FREE MOVIE’S IN THE DISTRICT ~ Grace Church, The RDD & Gabriella’s Garden co-host the FREE movie’s that are shown the last Sunday of each month, June through August. These movie’s are always kid friendly showing G rated movie’s only. Bring your lawn chair, snacks, bug spray and friends at dusk to Gabriella’s Garden and watch a movie with us for FREE!